Sunday, March 4, 2007

BIG NEWS (For me)

So a friend of mine was being sued by a few of these recording companies. I initially took the case knowing I would be in over my head.

Thanks to the help of my former boss and esteemed colleague Joseph D. Nohavicka (Bronx, NY) we were able to assist my friend and take the first step towards defending this case.

Well the answer is finally in and can be viewed here (Sitaras Answer)

This action was initiated against Mr. Sitaras in Brooklyn Federal Court. I will keep you updated as the case progreses.

My utmost gratitude also goes out to Mr. Ray Beckerman over at Recording Industry Vs. People

Mr. Beckerman has been a great resource to me throughout this process as well as a great supporter and friend of this site. Mr. Beckerman is an attorney here in New York and is a key figure in the defense against these P2P file sharing lawsuits. I would highly recommend that any reader of this site visit his as well if you haven't already.

No comments: